Satisfy your “comfort food” cravings with these mouthwatering BBQ pork sandwiches.
By: Jodie Shield, MED, RDN
Looking for a quick weeknight dinner? Pork loin is a lean cut of meat and it is so delicious. This is my go-to recipe when I am short on time and my family is starving! And to save even more time, pick up a precooked pork loin roast from your supermarket deli counter. You’ll find this and many more quick, healthy and tasty family meals in my book Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight for Kids and Teens. Also, be sure to download my FREE app Time To Eat Healthy on iTunes and Goggle Play.
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cooking Time = 10 minutes
- 1 pound cooked pork loin roast
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce (homemade or your favorite brand)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 6 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Slice the pork roast into 1-inch thick slices and place in microwave-safe bowl. Pour barbecue sauce over pork; cover and microwave on a high setting for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet over high heat. Sauté onion and pepper for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Place vegetables and pork slices onto bun and serve.
Nutrition Information (per sandwich): 323 calories, 27 grams protein, 38 grams carbohydrate, 7 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 64 milligrams cholesterol, 4 grams fiber, 624 milligrams sodium, 16 grams sugar