Packed with Mediterranean flavors, this light chicken dish is heart-healthy and a breeze to make.
By: Jodie Shield, MED, RDN
When I’m short on time and want a home cooked meal, Chicken with Feta and Black Olives is one of my go-to dinners. This Mediterranean dish is not only heart-healthy, but it’s also quick and easy to make – just assemble, bake and eat. I love to serve Chicken with Feta and Black Olives accompanied by whole-wheat couscous and a romaine lettuce salad tossed with sun dried tomatoes, red onion, and a splash of my homemade Greek Salad Dressing. Hungry for more quick and healthy Mediterranean meals like Lemon Chicken and Classic Greek Salad? Download my FREE app Time To Eat Healthy Homemade Meals in Minutes available at iTunes or Google Play.
Chicken with Feta and Black Olives
Prep Time = 15 minutes
Cooking Time = 30 minutes
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 chicken breast halves (boneless and skinless)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place chicken in the baking dish. Drizzle lemon juice over them and sprinkle with the herbs. Top each chicken breast half with a heaping spoonful of the feta cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until juices from the chicken run clear and the feta cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
Nutrition Information per (half a breast) Serving: 220 calories, 31 grams of protein, 2 grams of carbohydrate, 0 grams dietary fiber, 9 grams fat, 5 grams saturated fat, 98 milligrams cholesterol, 380 milligrams sodium