Score points with this fan-tastic Super Bowl appetizer!
By: Jodie Shield, RDN
Looking for something easy and healthy to make for the big game? This pig skin party tray is sure to be a winner. No cooking required; simply assemble (from the inside out) and eat. To save time, look for presliced cheese squares – Trader Joe’s has a wide variety. Go ahead and use reduced fat cheese to trim extra calories. Some other lean Super Bowl cuisine options: Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Skinny Taco Dip Cups, and Sloppy-O-Joes. All of these tasty recipes are on my Time to Eat Healthy app. Game on!
Football Cheese Tray
Prep Time = 15 minutes
Cooking Time = 0 minutes
- 1 8-ounce bar sharp cheddar cheese cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 12 thinly sliced pepperoni
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1 6-ounce bar Monterey Jack Cheese cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 24 whole grain oblong-shaped
- Large rectangular serving tray
- Use some sharp cheddar cheese to make small football shape in center of tray; cover it with pepperoni. Use provolone to make football lace shapes.
- Arrange remaining sharp cheddar around football shape. Next, arrange Monterey Jack Cheese around sharp cheddar. Finally, arrange crackers around outside.
Nutritional Information per Serving: 182 calories, 9 grams protein, 6 grams carbohydrate, 13 grams fat, 7 grams saturated fat, 35 milligrams cholesterol, 1 grams fiber, 298 milligrams sodium