(Makes 12 servings)
- Nonstick spray
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt, optional
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9×5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Sift white whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt (if using) together.
- Use mixer to cream together unsalted butter and sugar. Add beaten egg whites, one at a time. Mix in mashed bananas.
- Blend in sifted ingredients and fold in chopped walnuts (if using). Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Cool on wire rack,