Chunky Homemade Applesauce
Makes 12 servings
- 4 pounds Granny Smith apples (about 15 medium apples)
- 1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- Peel the apples and cut them into 1/2 inch chunks. Place the apple chunks and apple juice concentrate in a 3-quart pot; stir to combine. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Cook for about 30 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Using a potato masher, mash the mixture to the desired consistency. Serve warm or cold with a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
Nutrition Information (per 1/2-cup serving): 80 calories, 0.5 gram protein, 21 grams carbohydrate, 1.5 grams dietary fiber, 0 grams fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 0 milligrams sodium