Spring Skillet Frittata
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 small red potatoes (12 ounces), each cut into 8 pieces ( I used new potatoes )
- 2 cups asparagus, cut-up into bite-size pieces
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add potatoes, cover and cook about 10 minutes or until almost tender, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus, tomatoes, onions and garlic; cook 4-5 minutes or until the asparagus is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the milk, salt and pepper if using, and beat well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet. Sprinkle with the feta cheese and basil. Reduce the heat to medium-low; cover and cook about 12 minutes or until the eggs are set. To serve, cut into wedges.
Nutrition Information (without salt): 327 calories, 17 grams protein, 25 grams carbohydrate, 18 grams fat, 6 grams saturated fat, 296 milligrams cholesterol, 3.5 grams dietary fiber, 341 milligrams sodium