Heart-Healthy Chocolate Brownies
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cooking Time = 30 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (18.3-ounce) package of your favorite brownie mix
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine brownie mix, water, applesauce, and egg whites in large bowl. Beat about 50 strokes by hand.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middles comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
For more Valentine’s day desserts, check out some of the recipes I analyzefor the Chicago Tribune Food Guide Section. Not all of them are heart-healthy, but everything in moderation – even chocolate!