Prep Time = 15 minutes
Cook Time= 45 minutes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup rolled or old fashioned oats
- ½ cup stone-ground whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Use a 1 ½ quart soufflé dish or other small baking dish. Coat pan with nonstick cooking spray or small amount of oil and set aside.
- If using fresh berries, wash and pick over. Drain and pour into the prepared pan. If using frozen berries, spread them, unthawed, in pan. Sprinkle lemon juice over the berries.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, whole-wheat flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix well. Pour oil and almond extract (if using) over all and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle the oat mixture over the blueberries. Spread in an even layer.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the berries are bubbling and the top is brown.
- Serve hot, warm or cold, with low fat vanilla yogurt.
Nutrition Information (without frozen yogurt): 260 calories, 4 grams protein, 33 grams carbohydrate, 13.5 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 3.5 grams dietary fiber, 3 milligrams sodium