Grilled Peach Gazpacho
Makes 8 servings
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Chilling time: 2 hours
- 6 soft to gushy peaches (about 2 ½ pounds)
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Champaign vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ to ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Red bell pepper and avocado slices optional
- Carefully toss whole peaches on a hot grill and cook until slightly charred, about 5-8 minutes. Set them aside. (You can skip this step if you want.) When cool, peel, pit, and quarter the peaches.
- Combine the peaches, cucumber, garlic, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and ½ cup water in a food processor; pulse until coarsely pureed. Thin with the remaining cup of water if needed. Transfer to a bowl; cover. Chill at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, taste and adjust seasoning with more vinegar, salt and pepper if needed. Stir in cilantro. Ladle into bowls. Drizzle with a little oil; garnish with bell pepper and avocado slices.
Nutrition Information per cup: 87 calories, 1.5 grams protein, 14 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fat, 0.5 grams saturated fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 2 grams dietary fiber, 120 milligrams sodium