(Makes 4 Servings)
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cooking time = 25 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen, ready-to-cook shrimp, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces reduced-fat fully cooked turkey sausage, sliced and quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Heat oil in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium heat until sizzling. Add onion and bell pepper; cook until crisp yet tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes with juice, shrimp, turkey sausage, Italian seasoning, and hot sauce; stir until combined.
- Bring jambalaya to boil. Reduce heat; simmer about five minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
Fish switch: You can use scallops, clams, or lobster in place of the shrimp.
Nutrition Information: 235 calories, 26 grams protein, 14 grams carbohydrate, 8 grams fat, 0.5 grams saturated fat, 170 milligrams cholesterol, 4.5 grams fiber, 1,257 milligrams sodium