Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cooking Time = 20 minutes
- 9 ounces ground turkey breast
- ½ large onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, small minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 large sweet potato, baked and diced
- 4 whole-grain dinner rolls
- Sauté ground turkey breast in medium sauté pan over medium heat until cooked thoroughly, about 5 minutes. Remove turkey; reserve.
- Sauté onion until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add red pepper ground cumin and coriander; sauté 1 minute, then add the orange juice. Cook until orange juice is reduced by two-thirds about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato juice and reserved cooked turkey; cook until tomato juice has reduced by two-thirds, about 5 minutes.
- Add diced sweet potato and stir until combined.
- Split dinner rolls in half; spoon turkey mixture in center. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information per Serving (1 sandwich): 323 calories, 21 grams protein, 58 grams carbohydrate, 6.5 grams fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 45 milligrams cholesterol, 7 grams fiber, 331 milligrams sodium