DIY Popcorn Balls
Prep Time = 15 minutes
Cook Time = 15 minutes
- 2 packages (2.7 ounces each) plain, microwave popcorn or enough to make 16 cups of popped corn
- ¼ cup butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- Fun festive holiday edible decorations: candy corn, orange food coloring, sprinkles (optional)
Pop corn in microwave according to package directions. Remove any unpopped seeds from cooked popcorn.
- In large nonstick pan, melt butter on stove over medium heat. (It melts fast so watch to make sure it doesn’t burn!) When melted, add marshmallows and stir until they are melted and mixture is well combined. Turn off heat.
- Add popcorn to the marshmallow mixture and fold until everything is well combined. If using edible decorations or food coloring, add them now.
- Coat your hands in butter so the popcorn won’t stick to them. Grab some popcorn, and gently roll into about a 2 –inch ball. Place popcorn balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Let them cool before wrapping in Halloween plastic wrap.
Nutrition Information per Serving (2-inch popcorn ball): 85 calories, 1 gram protein, 16 grams carbohydrate, 2.5 grams fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 6 milligrams cholesterol, 1 gram fiber, 12 milligrams sodium