DIY Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep Time = 15 minutes
Cooking Time = 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup carrot slices
- 2 cups uncooked whole-wheat egg noodles (about 4 ounces)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken broth
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, and carrots; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots and noodles are tender. Remove bay leaf and serve.
Nutritional Information per Serving (1 cup): 161 calories, 14 grams protein, 18 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 29 milligrams cholesterol, 3 grams fiber, 911 milligrams sodium