Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt Fondue
Makes 2 ½ cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 (8 ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips (60-70 % cacao)
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Skinny dipp-ables such as strawberries, pineapple chunks, apple slices, dried apricots, angel food cake squares – what ever you’re in the mood for!
- Warm milk in large saucepan over moderate heat just until tiny bubbles appear. Add chocolate chips and whisk until smooth; add sea salt and stir.
- Quickly transfer to fondue pot heated at low (electric) or use a low flame.
- Arrange skinny dipp-ables on a platter around chocolate pot. Use fondue forks to dip fruit into melted chocolate mixture. Eat immediately.
- Love note: Overtime, if fondue becomes too stiff, add a little extra milk – it will help it last a little longer.
Nutritional Information per 1 tablespoon serving (without fruit): 54 calories, 1 gram protein, 5 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 0.5 milligram cholesterol, 0.5 gram fiber, 20 milligrams sodium