Super Easy Homemade Applesauce
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 pounds apples (Fuji, pink ladies, golden delicious – whatever is fresh!)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups water
- Peel and chop apples into about 1-inch cubes.
- Place apples, cinnamon, and water into large pot; bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover with lid. Simmer apples for about 20 – 30 minutes or until soft.
- Remove mixture from heat and mash with potato masher for chunkier applesauce, or put in a food processor or blender for smoother texture.
Nutritional Information per serving (½ cup):
64 calories, 0 grams protein, 17 grams carbohydrate, 0 grams fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 2 grams fiber, 0 milligrams sodium
Note recipe originally developed for Kmart Playdate Place, September 2013.