Pecan Crusted Chicken Breast with Maple-Mustard Sauce
Prep time = 20 minutes
Cooking time = 30 minutes
¾ cup pecans, chopped
¼ cup dry whole wheat bread crumbs
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon paprika
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
1/2 cup Dijon mustard plus 1 tablespoon for the sauce
¼ cup maple syrup
- In shallow bowl, combine pecans, bread crumbs, thyme, and paprika; set aside.
- Dip chicken breasts into mustard making sure it is well coated. Then roll chicken breast in pecan mixture.
- Place chicken in greased baking dish. Bake uncovered at 375°F for about 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- While chicken is cooking, combine maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard together. Remove chicken from oven and drizzle with sauce.
- Note: I like to microwave the sauce for about 45 seconds before drizzling it over each of the chicken breasts.
Nutrition Information (for chicken breast and 1 tablespoon of sauce): 330 calories, 25 grams protein, 27 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams dietary fiber, 13 grams fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 60 milligrams cholesterol, 915 milligrams sodium