Everyday French Toast
Prep Time = 15 minutes
Cooking Time = 8 minutes
- 6 slices whole-wheat cinnamon raisin bread
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place each slice of bread in 8 x 11-inch shallow dish in single layer.
- In large mixing cup combine eggs, milk, and cinnamon. Lightly beat.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread. Let egg mixture absorb into bread. You will need to flip the bread occasionally. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Heat skillet over medium heat; add oil until sizzling. Add French toast to skillet and cook about 4 minutes per side. Serve with 100% pure maple syrup and fresh berries.
Nutritional Information per (1 slice) Serving (without toppings):172 calories, 10 grams protein, 21 grams carbohydrate, 7 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 124 milligrams cholesterol, 3 grams fiber, 253 milligrams sodium