Curried Chicken Salad
Prep Time = 15 minutes
Chill Time = 30 minutes
Cooking Time = 0 minutes
- ½ cup mayonnaise or plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (4 ounces each), poached and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium red apple, diced (don’t peel)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- Mix together mayonnaise or yogurt, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Add diced chicken breast, celery, apple walnuts and raisins. Mix well to coat with mayonnaise mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Serve chilled.
Nutritional Information per Serving: 352 calories, 22 grams protein, 35 grams carbohydrate, 16 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 44 milligram cholesterol, 4 grams fiber, 72 milligrams sodium