Fast and Fresh Bruschetta
Prep Time = 15 minutes
Cooking Time = 0 minutes
- 2 large tomatoes
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon EVO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Dice tomatoes, discarding core, and transfer to medium-size bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if using. Add minced garlic and chopped basil. Stir gently and let marinate about 10 minutes.
- Spoon bruschetta over thinly sliced baguette rounds or whole grain crackers and drizzle with EVO – chow!
Nutritional Information per (1 Tablespoon) Serving (without salt or bread): 12 calories, 0 grams protein, 1 gram carbohydrate, 1 gram fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 0 grams fiber, 1 gram sugar, 1 milligrams sodium