Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cheesecake
Prep time = 20 Minutes
Cooking Time = 35 Minutes
- 12 (1-cup) muffin liners
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey, melted
- 1 ½ cups almond flour, firmly packed
- ½ cup rolled oats, ground
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- ¼ cup large shredded coconut, unsweetened
Cheesecake filling ingredients:
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ½ cup plain 2% or full-fat Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons honey, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 4 drops of lemon extract
Blueberry compote ingredients:
- 1 cup plus ½ cup blueberries, divided
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line muffin pans with 12 muffin liners.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, melted honey, almond flour, ground rolled oats, dates, shredded coconut, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until completely combined. Spoon about 1 and ½ tablespoons of crust into each muffin liner, pressing into bottom to make even. Bake for 10 minutes and set aside to let cool.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt, honey, egg, and vanilla bean or vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon extract. Beat for a few minutes until ingredients have fully combined. Spoon filling over each crust in even amounts.
- Bake mini cheesecakes in the oven for 22-25 minutes or until centers have set.
- For the blueberry topping, heat 1 cup of blueberries, lemon juice and zest, and water in a small saucepan on low to medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until blueberries have broken down. Add the remaining ½ cup of blueberries and simmer for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Top mini cheesecakes with blueberry compote topping or fresh blueberries.
Nutrition Information per serving: 250 calories, 15.5 grams fat, 6.5 grams saturated fat, 7 grams protein, 24 grams carbohydrate, 29 milligrams cholesterol, 114 milligrams sodium, 4 grams dietary fiber
Inspired by a featured recipe on Bakerita.com.