Honey-Garlic Baked Chicken Wings
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 50 minutes
- Olive oil non-stick spray
- 2 pounds of chicken wings
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 ½ tablespoons pure honey
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/3 cup water
- Cilantro and roasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with foil and place a wire rack on the foil. Coat the rack with an olive oil non-stick spray.
- Rinse the wings under cold water, drain, and pat the wings dry with a paper towel.
- Placed the wings in a food storage bag and add the baking powder, ground ginger, salt and pepper. Shake the bag to evenly coat the wings with the baking powder.
- Remove any excess baking powder. Arrange the wings on the prepared baking tray and bake for 25 minutes. Then, turn the wings over and bake for another 20 minutes.
- While the chicken wings are baking, make the sauce by adding the low-sodium soy sauce, honey, vinegar, minced ginger, minced garlic, olive oil, chili flakes, ground coriander, and water to a small pan. Cook the sauce over medium-high heat until it boils, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and brush them all over with the sauce. Return the wings to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Take the wings out of the oven and brush them one more time with the sauce. Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 pieces): 300 calories, 15 grams fat, 4 grams saturated fat, 120 milligrams cholesterol, 422 milligrams sodium, 14 grams carbohydrate, 0 gram fiber, 12 grams sugar, 21 grams protein