By: Jodie Shield, MED, RDN
The inspiration for this bean recipe: Arizona! I have been here for the past few days loving the sunny weather and southwest food. It’s the perfect side dish for spring and summer meals. Or, go ahead and toss in some deli-roasted shredded chicken and serve it with a glass of milk and fresh fruit. My favorite part of this recipe: no cookin is required! What are some of your favorite no-cook sides?
Black Bean Salad
Makes 8 servings
- 1 16-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 10-ounce can of whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
Toss together all the ingredients except the cilantro. Generously sprinkle the salad with the cilantro. Cover and refrigerate at leas one hour.