New Year’s Eve Recipe Countdown:
Serve this easy, healthy seafood appetizer in a martini glass and celebrate in style!
By: Jodie Shield, RDN
If you love shrimp, but hate boiling away the flavor, try roasting them in the oven. This is the Barefoot Contessa’s foolproof recipe and my favorite way to cook shrimp. To save time, Trader Joe’s sells frozen, uncooked blue shrimp that’s already peeled and deveined. Simply thaw the shrimp in a colander under running water for a few minutes; drain, and it’s ready to toss on a baking sheet and roast. It’s that easy! Serve it with her homemade cocktail sauce or toss the roasted shrimp into cooked pasta. For more tasty appetizer recipes try my Spinach and Artichoke Dip and Caprese Bites – both are on my app Time to Eat Healthy.
Roasted Shrimp Cocktail with
Homemade Cocktail Sauce
Prep Time = 15 minutes
Cooking Time = 15 minutes
- 2 pounds large (12-16 count) raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, optional
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Place on a sheet pan with olive oil, salt and pepper if using; spread them in one layer.
- Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- For sauce, combine chili sauce, ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Serve with shrimp.
Nutritional Information per Serving (2 shrimp and 1 tablespoon sauce):
138 calories, 20 grams protein, 6 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fat, 1 grams saturated fat, 182 milligrams cholesterol, 0 grams fiber, 550 milligrams sodium