Chill out over the holidays with this super-easy and healthy frozen yogurt pie.
By: Jodie Shield, RDN
When the weather outside is frightful, baking sugar cookies and licking the batter is delightful. But when this holiday baker is short on time and needs an impressive, crowd-pleasing dessert, I make Frosty Peppermint Pie. This frozen dessert takes only minutes to make, plus it’s healthy. Peppermint naturally provides a calming effect to help you de-stress. Plus, vanilla frozen yogurt is one of the star ingredients in my recipe, along with a homemade chocolate cookie crumb crust. No food processor, no problem. Simply drop the cookies into a plastic, zipper lock bag and crush with a rolling pin. Just be sure to refrigerate the crust for at least an hour before adding the filling. This will help prevent crumbling when you serve the pie.
Frosty Peppermint Pie
Prep Time = 25 minutes
Cooking Time = 0 minutes
Frozen Time = 4 ½ hours
- 20 whole Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 10-ounce package Andes peppermint crunch baking chips, divided use
- 1 quart frozen vanilla nonfat yogurt, slightly softened
- Place cookies in food processor and blend until texture of coarse crumbs.
- Add melted butter and blend until well combined.
- Place crumb mixture into a 9- or 10-inch deep-dish pie pan and press onto bottom and up sides evenly.
- In large bowl, place ¾ package of peppermint crunch. Add frozen yogurt; mix well.
- Pour yogurt mixture into cookie crust. Top with remaining peppermint crunch.
- Freeze until firm (about 4 hours).
Nutritional Information per (1 slice) Serving: 460 calories, 7 grams protein, 60 grams carbohydrate, 23 grams fat, 16 grams saturated fat, 16 milligrams cholesterol, 1 gram fiber, 39 grams sugar, 231 milligrams sodium