Enjoy these no-bake snack bites as a healthy indulgence or quick on-the-go breakfast.
By: Jodie Shield, RDN
Have you ever tasted grapes picked right off the vine? There’s nothing sweeter! A few weeks ago, I joined fellow food-loving registered dietitians and toured a Concord grape farm in Pasco, Washington. It was harvest time; Welch’s sponsored the trip so all of us could get a farm to fork – or should I say glass – experience. We rode a harvester, toured a processing plant, and attended workshops. It was an amazing experience! I learned so much about Concord grapes and the TLC this farmer-owned company provides in order to deliver its delicious products. There’s nearly twenty years of research on Concord grapes about the heart-health benefits of drinking 100% grape juice, but I was thrilled to discover how easy and tasty it is to cook with 100% grape juice. This Peanut Butter, Grape and Chocolate Snack Bite recipe was one of my favorites. Keep a batch stashed in your fridge, and enjoy a high-protein treat that’s loaded with heart-smart ingredients. For more high-protein snacks, try my homemade peanut butter and cinnamon raisin granola – they’re on my new app Time To Eat healthy!
Peanut Butter, Grape & Chocolate Snack Bites
Prep Time = 65 minutes
Cooking Time = 0 minutes
- ¾ cup low-fat crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In microwave-safe bowl, add peanut butter and heat until thinned out, approximately 25 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir in grape juice. Add oats, flax seed, honey, chocolate chips and vanilla; stir to incorporate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. Using a teaspoon or melon baller, form mixture into balls.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to cool again for at least 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information per Serving: 60 calories, 2 grams protein, 7 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fat, 1gram saturated fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, >1 gram fiber, 45 milligrams sodium