By: Jodie Shield, RD
Are you looking for a decadent, chocolate dessert that’s creamy, light and healthy? Search no more! Go ahead and make this Peanut Butter Pie. It’s so fantastic, it’s almost to good to be true. The secret ingredient: Vanilla Chocolate Chunk 2% Chobani yogurt.
The Chobani dietitians sent me a cookbook along with some samples of their new 16 ounce blended fruit flavor Greek yogurts. They said the new size was perfect for cooking and baking and I have to agree. I don’t work for or receive endorsement money from Chobani, but I do enjoy their yogurt. My older son, J.J., got me hooked on it. He started eating it in college because it’s loaded with protein (14 to 18 grams per 6 ounces) – almost triple the amount of protein compared to most other types of yogurt. I love the taste and the calcium it provides. One drawback: since Chobani uses only natural ingredients, it doesn’t contain any Vitamin D. Actually most yogurts don’t, but some add it because vitamin D helps your body abosorb more calcium.
All of the recipes Chobani sent looked good, but I decided to make the Peanut Butter Pie. Let me tell you – it was so easy and delicious! It was a hit at my house. I plan to make it again during the holiday season and add some crushed peppermint for a festive flare. Give it a try and let me know what you think. What type of garnish are you going to add?
Peanut Butter Pie
Makes 8 Servings
- 2 cups vanilla chocolate chunk 2% Chobani yogurt
- 1, 1/4-ounce package gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 store-bought chocolate pie crust
- Bar chocolate for grating (optional)
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a bowl, set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a suacepan, heat milk and pour over gelatin. Whisk in peanut butter, sugar and salt and cool 15 minutes. Whisk in Chobani.
- Pour the mixture into the piecrust and refrigerate 3-24 hours. Top with grated chocolate.
Nutrition Information: 320 calories, 11 grams protein, 37 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams dietary fiber, 14 grams fat, 4 grams saturated fat, 5 milligrams cholesterol, 270 milligrams sodium